Part 5 of the Loft Bed Project is finally complete. In this part of the project I built the guardrails for the side of the bed. Not only did adding these parts to the bed bring a lot of stability, but they are also the last major pieces that needed to be built and installed before final finishing can be done.
Building these guardrails required a lot of work. I had to cut 11 vertical slats for each side and drill 8 dowel holes. That is a total of 176 holes I had to drill along with 8 more for the trim pieces on each end of the guardrails. Each slat also needed to have a full round over on both edges. Even though it was a lot of work, I enjoyed the entire process and learned a lot. You can check out the project video below to see all the details of how I made it.
Make sure to follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to keep up with all my latest projects!